From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volker.armin.hemmann@××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] safe devfs -> udev migration
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2005 20:59:07
1 On Tuesday 19 July 2005 19:10, Richard P. Groenewegen wrote:
2 > All,
3 >
4 > During the gentoo installation I had very nasty error messages after
5 > the first reboot. The partition table of my harddisk was unreadable
6 > and the file system could not be mounted.
7 >
8 > Installation of devfs solved it, but, as I can tell from the mailing
9 > list devfs is obsolete.
10 >
11 > ** What is a safe way to migrate to udev? **
14 follow the devfs-to-udev guide.
15 You'll find it on gentoo.org.
16
17 But beware, if you forget an etc-update, some stuff may be troublesom.
18 --
19 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list