From: Dale <dalek1967@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Cleaning out my world file
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2008 13:38:20
1 Alan McKinnon wrote:
2 > On Friday 15 August 2008 14:36:58 Dale wrote:
5 >> Somewhat still on the same subject since I am still cleaning. Anyway to
6 >> clean out unneeded files in /etc? I'm thinking about files that may be
7 >> there but the programs are no longer installed. I read the man page for
8 >> dep but didn't see anything. Dang thing does a lot tho.
11 > You could use the very long way round, something based on this:
12 >
13 > find /etc/ -type f -exec equery belongs {} \;
14 >
15 > then leave it alone for an hour or three
19 Hmmmm, I had to stop that after a few minutes. It sort of took away
20 from my folding. Pushed my CPU to about 80% or so.
21
22 There has to be a tool for this too. Gentoo has about everything else.
23 :/
24
25 Dale
26