From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: Gentoo User <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] genkernel examples supporting RAID[4,5,6,10,...]?
Date: Wed, 05 Sep 2012 15:41:36
1 Hi,
2 I'm sort of glazing over & falling asleep trying to understand the
3 Gentoo genkernel Wiki page. This is not critical time-wise. I'm just
4 curious about what genkernel could do in terms of creating a kernel &
5 an initramfs for a root partition on RAID > 1 and metadata > 0.9. I've
6 done this in the past by hand but I've tended to stay away from / on
7 RAID > 1 simply because of the work of creating and maintaining the
8 initramfs.
9
10 If someone has a gnekernel.conf file that might be of interest I'd
11 appreciate seeing it, along with how you run it from the command line.
12
13 Thanks,
14 Mark