From: Michael Hampicke <gentoo-user@××××.biz>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Pidgin, gtalk and jingle
Date: Mon, 08 Apr 2013 15:37:15
1 Am 08.04.2013 17:20, schrieb Michael Mol:
2 > So, I'm trying to verify whether or not Pidgin can talk to Google Voice
3 > on my laptop. When searching around for instructions, I get the
4 > impression that this is supposed to "just work", and I don't see much in
5 > the way of people actually having difficulty with it.
6 >
7 > In my case, if someone calls me, my gmail tab rings at me, my phone
8 > rings at me, but Pidgin doesn't so much as twitch.
9 >
10 > Has anyone else had this working on Gentoo?
11 >
12 > Here's what I'm working with:
13 >
14 > net-im/pidgin-2.10.7-r1 was built with the following:
15 > USE="dbus doc gnutls gstreamer gtk (multilib) ncurses networkmanager nls
16 > python spell tk xscreensaver zeroconf (-aqua) -debug -eds -gadu
17 > -groupwise -idn -meanwhile -perl -prediction -sasl -silc -tcl -zephyr"
18 > ABI_X86="64"
21 I never got this to work either. I tried google-voice-calling ( :-) )
22 myself from my android phone to pidgin on the work station and got
23 nothing. Also I cannot make outgoing calls from pidgin to my android phone.