From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <lists@×××××.at>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] New profile 17: How urgent is the rebuild of world technically?
Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2017 17:48:17
1 On 12/03/2017 03:30 AM, Michael Orlitzky wrote:
2
3 > However, you can delay switching to the new profile for a while.
4
5 For how long?
6
7 eselect news item tells me:
8
9 "Please migrate away from the 13.0 profiles within the six weeks after
10 GCC 6.4.0 has been stabilized on your architecture. The 13.0 profiles
11 will be deprecated then and removed in half a year."
12
13 As I see it gcc-6.4.0 is stable for amd64 already.
14
15 I have a number of servers out there running profile 13.0, having to
16 rebuild all their packages within the next 6 weeks has to be planned
17 somehow and needs time and thought IMO.