From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] mdev: Has anybody managed to get the keyboard and mouse to work under X?
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2012 01:18:05
1 On Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 03:20:48PM +0000, Alan Mackenzie wrote
2 > Hi, Gentoo.
3 >
4 > As I've said a few times in the current threads, the only thing
5 > preventing me from moving fully onto mdev is not having a working
6 > keyboard and mouse (evdev??) under X.
7 >
8 > Has anybody else tried this, and if so, what results have you had?
9
10 I begin my USE variable with "-*" and add only the necessary stuff.
11 If you want to run X without udev, then compile xorg-server with
12 "USE=-udev". I don't have evdev installed at all. I've run X without
13 an xorg.conf. The only reason I have an xorg.conf now is to allow
14 xrandr to force a weird 1536x864 video mode on my 1920x1080 monitor when
15 watching one specific website.
18 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>