From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] All sorts of digest verification failures
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2015 16:08:04
1 After an emerge --sync that appeared to work with no problems, my
2 "emerge -auvND world" command is reporting that the Changelong files
3 are broken for about 2/3 of the packages it wants to update:
4
5 !!! Digest verification failed:
6 !!! /usr/portage/dev-libs/libxml2/ChangeLog
7 !!! Reason: Filesize does not match recorded size
8 !!! Got: 5221
9 !!! Expected: 5038
10
11 !!! Digest verification failed:
12 !!! /usr/portage/app-text/iso-codes/ChangeLog
13 !!! Reason: Filesize does not match recorded size
14 !!! Got: 4195
15 !!! Expected: 4014
16
17 [ ... and so on for another dozen or so packages ... ]
18
19 I removed the emerge timestamp, sync'ed again, and got the same
20 result. Based on past experiences, I'm guessing that if I wait a day
21 or two and sync again the problems will go away.
22
23 But I am curious what causes these temporary breakages. Does anybody
24 know how this happens?
27 Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards Yow! Why is it that when
28 at you DIE, you can't take
29 gmail.com your HOME ENTERTAINMENT
30 CENTER with you??