From: "Canek Peláez" <caneko@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Mplayer + compiz + x11-drivers/xf86-video-i810-2.0.x = busted video
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2007 07:25:27
1 On 7/14/07, Daniel <danstemporaryaccount@×××××.ca> wrote:
2 > I thought I'd try out the new i810 driver for my intel card (IBM X41 Tablet)
3 > and while most of X seems to work just fine, even with compiz, mplayer is
4 > just plain busted (see mplayer output followed by xvinfo output below) in
5 > that it shows a black window (window decorations are intact, but it's just a
6 > black box) and audio comes through just fine. While the video plays, this
7 > line is repeated over and over:
8
9 I've a i915, and it happens the same thing with beryl. However, if I
10 switch to metacity everything is fine, so I suppose there is a problem
11 with beryl/compiz... or maybe the chip is just unable to use both
12 beryl and Xv, but then beryl/compiz should be fixed so it gives the
13 resources to Xv when in use.
14
15 > My question then is: is this the kind of thing that I should report as a bug?
16 > And if so, to whom? Freedesktop.org or Gentoo.org?
17
18 Probably compiz/beryl; I tell you, with the exact same X configuration
19 and metacity, MPlayer works perfectly. You can work around it (a
20 little) using "mplayer -vo x11" or editing ~/.mplayer/config and
21 putting "vo=x11". Then you can play videos, but you loose real
22 fullscreen.
23 --
24 Canek Peláez Valdés
25 Facultad de Ciencias, UNAM