From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Fbpanel - Fluxbox - Gkrellm Questions
Date: Fri, 07 Jun 2013 05:50:16
1 On Friday 07 Jun 2013 06:21:00 Fast Turtle wrote:
2 > Turns out there's no shutdown group on my system now so it must be added
3 > when kde is installed with powerdevil - oh well. Guess I'll have to either
4 > create it or go the sudo route since I'm more concerned with what works.
5
6 These are my relevant entries in /etc/sudoers to avoid entering a passwd:
7
8 ME BOX1 = NOPASSWD: /sbin/shutdown -h now
9 ME BOX1 = NOPASSWD: /sbin/shutdown -r now
10 ME BOX1 = NOPASSWD: /usr/sbin/hibernate
11
12 after I have defined as:
13
14 Host_Alias BOX1 = <domain_name> <--could also use IP address here <--
15 User_Alias ME = <my_username>
18 PS. Don't forget to use visudo to edit your sudoers file.
19 --
20 Regards,
21 Mick