From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Compiling first and then installing using -K
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2020 00:15:34
1 On Tue, Feb 18, 2020 at 4:32 PM Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.com> wrote:
2 >
3 > On 18/02/2020 21:22, Rich Freeman wrote:
4 > > On Tue, Feb 18, 2020 at 2:06 PM Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.com> wrote:
5 > >>
6 > >> It gets worse. The container reconfigured the keyboard shortcuts on the
7 > >> host! After booting a container, alt+Fn or alt+left/right on the host
8 > >> started switching to the linux text-mode console. I pressed alt+f2 to
9 > >> bring up the plasma search, I ended up on TTY2... ha ha.
10 > >>
11 > >> Remember how I said I'll use nspawn from now on? I take that back. Let's
12 > >> just say this thing is not even remotely production ready.
13 > >
14 > > Never had any issues with it, but I've never tried to use my host root
15 > > as the input filesystem.
16 >
17 > I didn't do that either. Unless you mean the throw-away VM experiment,
18 > which is not where this happened.
19
20 Strange. I use it all the time and have never seen anything like that
21 happen. That said, I can't remember the last time I fired up an X
22 server on the host.
25 Rich