From: John Blinka <john.blinka@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Do I need to do anything if a package masked by my profile?
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2018 17:47:11
2 >> You shouldn't have any of these packages installed now, they should have
3 >> been depcleaned after xorg-proto was installed. If depclean doesn't
4 >> remove them, they still be required by a package in an overlay, that
5 >> happened to me.
6 >>
7 >> emerge -cpv packagename
8 >>
9 >> should tell you why each package is still there.
12 In my case, depclean didn’t remove them after xorg-proto was installed, no
13 other package depended on them, and there were no portage anomalies like
14 being accidentally included in my world file. I had to remove them
15 explicitly by hand. Don’t know what that’s all about, but everything still
16 works.
17
18 John Blinka