From: Dimitrios Semitsoglou-Tsiapos <kmhzsem@×××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Difficulties to acchieve a certain time period with fcron
Date: Fri, 29 May 2015 18:30:28
1 On 29/05/15 18:12, Meino.Cramer@×××.de wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > probably I have made a knot into my brain...
5 >
6 > What I want is, that fcron executes a script every 14 days. It does
7 > not matter, when to execute the script, since I cannot guarantee that
8 > my PC is running exactly at that time.
9 >
10 > I tried
11 >
12 > &b(1),mailto(root) * * */14 * * /home/user/bin/script.sh
13 >
14 > Which "works" according to this: On the 28.th the script was
15 > executed every miinute...
16 >
17 > But: If I specivy anything for the minute/hour field, it means:
18 > Do execute the script exeactly THEN. And this in turn I dont want.
21 I could be wrong, but I believe it behaves this way with this particular
22 syntax in order to remain functionally compatible with other cron
23 implementations.
24
25 What you're looking for is the "@" syntax, which would transform your
26 line into one of the following:
27
28 @mailto(root) 14d /home/user/bin/script.sh
29 @mailto(root) 2w /home/user/bin/script.sh
32 > Which places my thoughts again right at the beginning of the cyclus...
33 >
34 > I am makeing definetly something very wrong here...but I the logic
35 > seems to prevent me to do the rigth ting...
36 >
37 > Or I am currently struck with blindness??
38 >
39 > Any help will be very appreciated!
40 > ;)
41 >