From: Matti Nykyri <matti.nykyri@×××.fi>
To: "gentoo-user@l.g.o" <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] About to attempt EFI install, which modules to compile?
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2015 06:09:55
1 > On Feb 27, 2015, at 5:57, Matti Nykyri <matti.nykyri@×××.fi> wrote:
2 >
3 > Make a partition for gentoo and format it. Untar stage3 and portage snapshot to it (snapshot is faster than rsync). Chroot. Emerge portage and grub. I copied kernel from my old system to /boot. If you don't have this build a new one. Run grub2-mkconfig -o /boot/grub/grub.cfg (mkdir if it doesn't exists. (http://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/GRUB2)
4
5 Manually modify grub.cfg so that the root drive will match the setup of the new system. (Something like this /dev/sdb2 -> /dev/sda2 and hd1,2 -> hd0,2)
8 > Many asus mb's have bug in efi and require BOOTX64.EFI to be lower case = bootx64.efi so rename it as necessary. My mb had that bug and a rename was needed even though fat should be case insensitive.
9
10 Also disable secure boot. It's only for windows...
13 -Matti