From: John Dangler <jdangler@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-user] Forgotten root password on remote system
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 17:40:21
1 Grant~
2 I had the same thing happen to me on one of our dedi servers. I called the
3 isp and they had a way of recovering the password, although it cost me $75
4 to get it done. Basically, they told me that it's a sophisticated 'hack'
5 into the machine to get it back. If there's another way, I'd also be very
6 interested in knowing what it is.
7
8 John D
9
10 -----Original Message-----
11 From: Grant [mailto:emailgrant@×××××.com]
12 Sent: Thursday, August 25, 2005 11:47 AM
13 To: Gentoo mailing list
14 Subject: [gentoo-user] Forgotten root password on remote system
15
16 I have forgotten the root password of my remote server. Is there any
17 way to retrieve or reset it?
18
19 - Grant
22 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list