From: Justin Patrin <papercrane@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Network is not working after "emerge world"
Date: Tue, 09 May 2006 02:42:09
1 On 5/8/06, Goran Dubajic <goran.dubajic@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Hi guys,
3 >
4 > I am running Gentoo on Toshiba M45-S369 laptop, with unstable x1. When
5 > I did "emerge world"
6
7 Why did you emerge world? You should be updating, not recompiling everything.
8
9 > and carelessly "etc-update" (most of the cfg
10 > files were for x11)
11
12 That's probably your problem. You carelessly ran etc-update. Good luck
13 finding what changed. To avoid this in the future try dispatch-conf
14 with rcs support.
15
16 > and try to boot my laptop today, I got message
17 > that "eth1 is not found" (eth0 is wireless)....
18 > Today I tried to recompile the kernel but it did not help...
19 > Any suggestions?
20 >
21 > Best wishes,
22 > Goran.