From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: **SPAM** [gentoo-user] Looking into zip files
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2007 21:28:08
1 On 9/22/07, £ukasz Dudek <lsdudi@××××××.fm> wrote:
2 > Dnia Sat, 22 Sep 2007 12:15:09 -0700
3 > "Mark Knecht" <markknecht@×××××.com> napisa³(a):
4 >
5 > > Hi,
6 > > I wonder if anyone knows of a GUI app that can display the
7 > > hierarchy in a large zip file - maybe hundreds of directories, tens of
8 > > thousands of files and a couple of gigs of zip - without actually
9 > > unzipping the archive and using up both time and disk space.
10 > >
11 > > Extra points for a program that can extract just a portion of the
12 > > zip file, like a single directory and its contents thus saving me disk
13 > > space dealing with this.
14 > >
15 > > Thanks,
16 > > Mark
17 > ark??
20 Thanks. arK looks like a good candidate. I tried mc but haven't
21 figured out the keyboard commands ot make it do anything. Drag and
22 drop in ark looks good for my needs.
23
24 Thanks!
25