From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: Gentoo Users List <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] xterm ignoring "XTerm*titeInhibit: true" in .Xresources
Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2018 20:50:44
1 Lately, I've noticed that text apps under xterm snap back to the
2 original screen after the app finishes. This doesn't happen with all
3 apps. When I hit "q" in "top", the output stays on the screen. But
4 other apps like "mtr" and "vim" and "less" restore the screen from which
5 they were launched, which is extremely annoying.
6
7 A long time ago I ran into this problem and was advised to add
8 "XTerm*titeInhibit: true" in .Xresources. It seems to have stopped
9 working recently. Last night on a web forum people were comparing
10 response times from 1.1.1.1 DNS server. I ran "mtr" in xterm but the
11 output would disapper entirely when I hit "q". I managed to freeze the
12 output with {CTRL}{S} so I could do a copy/paste into a post. But I'd
13 like a clean solution rather than a clunky workaround.
16 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
17 I don't run "desktop environments"; I run useful applications