From: Edward <edwardmgibson01@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoo system suddenly failed to boot.
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 2021 10:15:54
1 On 2/20/2021 12:03 AM, Edward wrote:
4 > On 2/17/2021 3:50 AM, gevisz wrote:
5 >>   I had problems with it from the very beginning in the sense that it is
6 >> quite often doesn't see my SATA disks on the first boot (though, on
7 >> the second
8 >> reboot it usually finds them). It is also quite often that it stops
9 >> booting
10 >> the legacy operating system and automatically reboots before showing
11 >> a login screen.
12 >>
13 >> I bought it somewhere in 2006 together with a Gigabyte S-series
14 >> GA-MA69GM-S2H
15 >> motherboard, which I have been intensively using every day since then
16 >> and never
17 >> had any problem.
18 >
19 >   If was giving problems from the start,  it probably just needs the
20 > BIOS updated.
21 >   F4 BIOS may address this issue:
22 >
23 > https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-MA69GM-S2H-rev-10/support#support-dl-bios
24 >
25    just realized you're having issues with the GA-MA790FXT  and not
26 with the GA-MA69GM-S2H   ignore the BIOS   update suggestion.  it can be
27 hardware like defected capacitors,etc  on the GA-MA790FXT