From: Zeerak Mustafa Waseem <zeerak.w@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Portage GUI interfaces...
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2010 04:06:13
1 On Wed, Feb 24, 2010 at 06:40:23PM -0800, BRM wrote:
2 > I am interested in finding a GUI interface for working with portage, preferably for KDE4.
3 > Namely b/c I am getting a little tired of having konsole windows open and not being able to keep track of where I am in the emerge update process - something a GUI _ought_ to be able to resolve.
4 >
5 > In googling, I noticed Kuroo, but it's no longer maintained (nearly 2 years out of date now, so it would have to have been KDE3) so it's been understandably removed from mainline portage - though I also noticed information on a Kuroo overlay.
6 >
7 > And I also came across Porthole; however, all versions are marked Unstable/Testing (~) at the moment.
8 >
9 > Can anyone give some advice on these or others?
12 > Ben
17 Well there's Paludis, all version are however marked ~arch at the moment.
20 Zeerak Waseem