From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] subclipse???
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 2009 07:46:38
1 On Thursday 31 December 2009 04:17:10 Dale wrote:
2 > Mark Knecht wrote:
3 > > On Wed, Dec 30, 2009 at 3:01 PM, Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
4 wrote:
5 > >> You can't cock it up. If you have eix and layman working (almost
6 > >> everyone here has that):
7 > >>
8 > >> eix-remote -q update
9 > >>
10 > >> eix <something>
11 > >>
12 > >> tada!!
13 > >
14 > > I was like Dale which is why I didn't try it when Neil suggested it
15 > > this morning. eix-remote --help says it downloads eix-caches which to
16 > > someone who doesn't program this stuff sounded like something I
17 > > couldn't fix myself.
18 > >
19 > > - Mark
20 >
21 > I still got my feathers on. Uh, I'm chicken. How would one undo this?
22 > As in, delete the stuff when it is not needed anymore.
23
24 eix-remote -h
25
26 man eix and search for eix-remote