From: Nick Rout <nick@×××××××.nz>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] auto login
Date: Tue, 04 Jul 2006 11:29:45
1 On Mon, 3 Jul 2006 20:49:12 -0400
2 gentoo@×××××××××××××××.org wrote:
3
4 > How do I auto login and start a single X11 related program EX oxine.
5 > I have it all configured to run but I still have to login and startx for it
6 > to work.
9 > Can Anyone help
10 > rob
11 > gentoo@×××××××××××××××.org
12
13 If you only want one X program running, and therefore do not need a window manager etc, then run startx from /etc/init.d/local
14
15 that script is run by root so you will want to use su to switch to the user you want to run as and then run startx, something like
16
17 su - username startx
18
19 forget all that autologin with kdm bollocks, it is not needed if you have described your problem accurately (ie you want to run one program only)
24 > --
25 > gentoo-user@g.o mailing list
28 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list