From: Marc Joliet <marcec@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Why was ekiga removed?
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2019 13:29:31
1 Am Montag, 14. Januar 2019, 13:55:31 CET schrieb Raymond Jennings:
2 > I just checked for ekiga in the tree, and I was just about to request it be
3 > added when I noticed a few bugs indicating it used to be in the tree,
4 > implying it was since removed.
5 >
6 > A log check within /usr/portage/net-voip/ekiga reveals that it was
7 > apparently removed pre-git
8
9 That's wrong: https://gitweb.gentoo.org/repo/gentoo.git/log/?qt=grep&q=ekiga.
10
11 I can't say for sure why it was removed, but I'd guess because it is
12 unmaintained (see www.ekiga.org). Well, OK, it looks like upstream git [0] is
13 getting some commits (though mostly translation updates for the past two
14 years), but there hasn't been a release since 2013, let alone a port to Gnome
15 3. Use at your own peril!
16
17 [0] https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/ekiga/commits/master
18 --
19 Marc Joliet
20 --
21 "People who think they know everything really annoy those of us who know we
22 don't" - Bjarne Stroustrup