From: JimD <Jim@×××××××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] net-nntp/klibido
Date: Sun, 28 May 2006 02:56:59
1 Ryan Tandy wrote:
2 > JimD wrote:
3 >> If the above is not doable, does anyone know of a good binary news
4 >> reader for Linux?
5 >
6 > What's wrong with Thunderbird?
7
8 For binary news groups? I could give it a shot. However, Thunderbird
9 sucks up tons of memory for text-only news groups with a few hundred
10 posts. I hat to see how much memory it uses for a news group with
11 100,000+ posts!
12
13 >> GrabIt is simple, fast and stable. Though it
14 >> is closed source and only runs on WinXP which doesn't help me now :-(
15 >
16 > Wine ;)
17
18 It does start up fine in Wine. I will give it a go and see if it will
19 download and all that jazz.
20
21 Jim
22 --