From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Anyone using www-apps/jekyll?
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2021 13:31:39
1 On Thursday, 21 October 2021 17:11:27 BST Peter Humphrey wrote:
2 > Hello list,
3 >
4 > I wanted to try this package to create a small site for myself, but I'm
5 > falling at the second hurdle (the first was setting package.env etc to pull
6 > in ruby26 as well as the currently installed ruby30).
7 >
8 > Does anyone have experience with this builder? I'd like to find out where
9 > I'm going wrong first.
10
11 I'm still not getting through the installation of jekyll. The website[1] says
12 to follow the instructions for Ubuntu, but something's lacking. For one thing,
13 it says to include ~/gems/bin in my PATH, but there isn't one. I looked for
14 something similar under / but nothing turned up.
15
16 I followed the instructions to install jekyll and its dependencies, then:
17 $ gem install jekyll bundler
18 which went fine, but this failed with a bunch of not-found errors, including
19 jekyll itself:
20 $ jekyll new myblog
21
22 Am I still missing a component, or something?
25 Regards,
26 Peter.