From: Joost Roeleveld <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] videos that won't go away.
Date: Thu, 05 May 2011 07:35:11
1 On Wednesday 04 May 2011 22:19:12 Dale wrote:
2 > Adam Carter wrote:
3 > > On Thu, May 5, 2011 at 8:04 AM, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com
4 > >
5 > > <mailto:rdalek1967@×××××.com>> wrote:
6 > > Hi folks,
7 > >
8 > > I noticed something weird but I'm not sure what to even search
9 > > for
10 > > to get a fix. When I play a video with Seamonkey or Firefox,
11 > > then
12 > > close the tab or close the browser, the video is still there.
13 > >
14 > > I've had a lot of trouble with flash recently, especially with it
15 > > killing sound (using ~amd64 for the flash player due to the constant
16 > > security issues, most of the system is amd64).
17 > >
18 > > Try killing flash so it restarts to see if that helps get things
19 > > working. Sometimes my system needs a full reboot - even restarting X
20 > > doesnt help.
21 >
22 > The one thing I didn't think of to try. How silly of me. lol
23 >
24 > One thing I just noticed, it doesn't always do this. I went back to a
25 > link that did it just before I posted and it worked fine this time. So,
26 > this appears to be a intermittent problem which opens a new can of
27 > worms. We all know how hard it is to fix those.
28 >
29 > I'll try killing flash next time it does it and see what that does.
30 >
31 > Dale
32 >
34
35 I notice the same with flash as well.
36 Switching to a console and then back to X also resets it.
39 Joost