From: covici@××××××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Heads up perl-5.24 and virtual/<perl_module>
Date: Mon, 30 May 2016 03:17:01
1 walt <w41ter@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > On Sun, 29 May 2016 12:33:55 +0200
4 > Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com> wrote:
5 >
6 > > > There's been another thread a week ago which mentioned a
7 > > > sys-devel/make-4.2 bug and the recommendation was to emerge perl
8 > > > with MAKEOPTS=-j1. Did you try this?
9 > >
10 > > It's not perl failing to build, it's portage claiming it can't find a
11 > > clean upgrade path to offer. The merge doesn't start as the dep graph
12 > > resolution never completes, so MAKEOPTS isn't even in the picture yet.
13 >
14 > I found that --with-bdeps=y fixed some problems.
15
16 I use the with-bdeps=y all the time and had nho real problems emerging
17 5.24. It rebuilt about 200 packages and portage detected most of the
18 mess, but perlcleaner detected about 40 more and one I had to remove,
19 but it went pretty well for portage. It seems to have gotten more
20 intelligent last few months, slow as heck, but I would rather use its
21 time than mine.
24 Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
25 How do
26 you spend it?
27
28 John Covici