From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] SNIP warning: setlocale: LC_ALL error
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2014 21:41:53
1 Howdy, different rig but similar issue. This is on my main rig now. It
2 is AMD64 multilib. I am doing a emerge -e world, which I do from time
3 to time. After that got to the point where it is almost done, I started
4 getting this:
5
6 perl: warning: Setting locale failed.
7 perl: warning: Please check that your locale settings:
8 LANGUAGE = (unset),
9 LC_ALL = "en_US.UTF8",
10 LANG = "en_US.UTF8"
11 are supported and installed on your system.
12 perl: warning: Falling back to the standard locale ("C").
13 sh: warning: setlocale: LC_ALL: cannot change locale (en_US.UTF8)
14
15 and like this:
16
17 /bin/sh: warning: setlocale: LC_ALL: cannot change locale (en_US.UTF8)
18 >>> Regenerating /etc/ld.so.cache...
19 sh: warning: setlocale: LC_ALL: cannot change locale (en_US.UTF8)
20
21 The error seems to vary depending on command run. This is my locale.gen
22 file:
23
24 LANG="en_US.UTF8"
25 LC_CTYPE="en_US.UTF8"
26 LC_NUMERIC="en_US.UTF8"
27 LC_TIME="en_US.UTF8"
28 LC_COLLATE="en_US.UTF8"
29 LC_MONETARY="en_US.UTF8"
30 LC_MESSAGES="en_US.UTF8"
31 LC_PAPER="en_US.UTF8"
32 LC_NAME="en_US.UTF8"
33 LC_ADDRESS="en_US.UTF8"
34 LC_TELEPHONE="en_US.UTF8"
35 LC_MEASUREMENT="en_US.UTF8"
36
37 I'm on sys-libs/glibc-2.17 right now.
38
39 Now riddle me this, why is this popping up all of a sudden? Did
40 something change and I missed it? When I google, I find folks with
41 settings like mine and it works. Is this something new that just hasn't
42 hit everyone yet?
43
44 Confused.
45