From: Joost Roeleveld <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Anyone got any older Portage snapshots kicking around?
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2011 09:05:17
1 On Saturday 16 July 2011 17:53:48 Stroller wrote:
2 > A bit of a long shot, this, but has anyone got any older Portage snapshots
3 > kicking around, by any chance?
4 >
5 > I have a box which hasn't been updated in 2 - 3 years. It would normally be
6 > easiest to format and reinstall, but in this case the box in question is a
7 > PS3 which was installed using the experimental PS3 stages which are (I
8 > think) no longer available.
9 >
10 > I'm pretty sure this machine has some PS3-specific hacks applied, so I think
11 > an attempt to upgrade the hard way is worthwhile. If it doesn't work I'll
12 > probably try Debian, or something.
13 >
14 > I have no illusions that attempting this *will* be a pain the ass, because
15 > in the past I've updated machines which have been ignored for 18 months,
16 > and that required lots of manually digging in the Portage CVS attic and
17 > copying files into the local overlay by hand.
18 >
19 > So if anyone has any Portage snapshots that are sufficiently old left lying
20 > around from an old install, it would save me that grunt work.
21 >
22 > Alternatively, if you, too, have a machine that hasn't been updated a long
23 > time, maybe you'll be able to help me by tarring up a copy of the Portage
24 > tree.
25 >
26 > Thanks for looking,
27 >
28 > Stroller.
29
30 Stroller,
31
32 If you are still looking, I have the following:
33
34 portage-20100128.tar.bz2
35 portage-latest.tar.bz2 (dated Feb 23, 2010)
36 portage-20090701.tar.bz2
37
38 (Find is still searching the rest of my system, but I think these are probably
39 it.
42 Joost