From: Poncho <poncho@××××××.ch>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Removing Firefox "Pocket" (Built-In Adware)
Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2017 12:26:53
1 On 17.11.2017 03:30, R0b0t1 wrote:
2 > Hello,
3 >
4 > My apologies if this has come up on the list or there is already an
5 > extant answer elsewhere (or if the question doesn't apply, which might
6 > be the case).
7 >
8 > I am not sure how to describe Pocket, but it is advertising that is
9 > prominently featured in the "New Tabs" page. The configuration setting
10 > is also prominently featured in the settings page which it is located.
11 >
12 > I would like to know if there is any recourse. I have disabled it, but
13 > it is still present in the menus. It looks like it generates a unique
14 > advertising ID, which I have cleared in "about:config."
15 >
16 > Cheers,
17 > R0b0t1
20 For me, setting extensions.pocket.enabled to false in about:config
21 worked and I no longer have any menu entries either.
22
23 The same goes for extensions.screenshots.disabled if set to true.