From: Kai Krakow <hurikhan77@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Filesystem choice for NVMe SSD
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2016 08:32:00
1 Am Tue, 26 Jan 2016 20:02:47 +0300
2 schrieb Andrew Savchenko <bircoph@g.o>:
3
4 > I have thoughts about caching NFS using filescached, but limited
5 > durability of the drive (400 TBW warranty for 512 GB size) restrains
6 > me here. Probably I'll use it for caching only in exceptional cases
7 > (e.g. slow remote mounts like AFS), but with 64 GB RAM I doubt I'll
8 > need additional NVMe-based caching, at least for now, with time
9 > this may change of course.
10
11 Take note, that filescached may not support every filesystem for cache
12 storage - e.g. btrfs cannot be used for it currently. I haven't looked
13 at other options yet.
16 Regards,
17 Kai
18