From: Christian Limberg <barneyman@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] ipw2200 chipset mini wireless card
Date: Fri, 05 May 2006 14:36:41
1 William Kenworthy schrieb:
2 > Thanks, as the in-kernel ones didnt work, I'll try the external.
3 >
4 > BillK
8 Hm, did you compile the in-kernel ipw2200-driver as a kernel module? If
9 the driver is built-in, it will not work, because the driver cannot load
10 its firmware before the kernel has booted. As others told before, you
11 need the ipw2200-firmware too, even if you use the kernel-module.
12
13 I stick to the kernel module, just because I don't have to remerge the
14 driver after installing a new kernel. Furthermore its the more cleaner
15 way in my opinion. You don't have to patch the kernel-sources like you
16 have to do by using the ieee80211-package.
17
18 Regards Christian
19 --
20 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list