From: Martin Vaeth <martin@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Java wants cups?
Date: Sun, 03 Apr 2022 11:17:28
1 Matthias Hanft <mh@×××××.de> wrote:
2 >
3 > Meanwhile I have found out that the culprit is "virtual/jdk".
4
5 No, the “culprit” is that you do not use the binary package openjdk
6 and you did apparently in the case of icedtea.
7
8 Icedtea and openjdk both have cups as a USE-flag, but this influences
9 only the runtime dependency. For building, icedtea and openjdk both
10 need cups.
11
12 If you install the binary package (icedtea-bin or openjdk-bin), there is
13 no building.
14
15 I guess that virtual/jdk prefers the non-binary package, and apparently
16 portage is not able to resolve the conflict automatically by letting the
17 binary package satisfy the dependency. If you manually install openjdk-bin,
18 the problem is probably resolved.
19
20 Be aware to install openjdk-bin:11 and not the meanwhile stable
21 openjdk-bin:17 which does not resolve the virtual/jdk:11 dependency.