From: Michael Palimaka <kensington@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: has anyone tried KDE5?
Date: Sat, 04 Oct 2014 17:37:41
1 On 10/04/2014 11:26 PM, behrouz khosravi wrote:
2 > Hello everyone.
3 > I was wondering if anyone has tried KDE5?
4 > Do you know when it's going to be placed in the main tree?
5 >
6 > thanks
7
8 Hi,
9
10 The KDE release structure has evolved[1], decoupling the release cycle
11 of the Platform, Workspace, and Applications. This means that there is
12 no longer a single Software Compilation in the same way there was with
13 KDE 4.
14
15 We (Gentoo KDE team) have not yet made a decision as to when the Plasma
16 5 Workspace will be pushed to the main tree. I've been using it on a
17 daily basis for about six months, and consider the next release (5.1.0)
18 to be a good candidate for the main tree.
19
20 The underlying Platform (KDE Frameworks 5) upon which Plasma 5 is built
21 is expected in the main tree in about a week, after the 5.3.0 release.
22
23 Best regards,
24 Michael
25