From: John Jolet <john@×××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] addusr (gentoo v. fedora)
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 16:47:19
1 On Mar 21, 2006, at 10:10 AM, THUFIR HAWAT wrote:
2
3 > Pardon, but I'm not clear on this command, apparently. Coming from
4 > fedora, I could just create a user, change the password, login, and
5 > everything would be set. However, gentoo doesn't create
6 > /home/user_name ? No problem, I created that directory. However,
7 > "startx" as that user gives errors. I can capture those errors, but
8 > apparently I'm going about this the wrong way. ?
9 >
10 > I also tried creating a user from gnome but ran into the same problem.
11 >
12 > Right now I'm running as root :(
15 > thanks,
16 >
17 > Thufir
18 >
19 > --
20 > gentoo-user@g.o mailing list
23 if you add the -m argument to useradd, it will create the directory
24 and own it by the user being added.
25 --
26 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list