From: Samuel Baldwin <shardz4217@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Palm Desktop to Kontact?
Date: Tue, 01 Aug 2006 16:53:53
1 Hello. A friend of mine runs a small business, all on Windows and Macintosh.
2
3 After having an extremely good experience on my Linux machine, I have talked
4 him into switching some of his computers to Linux.
5 On his "Business" machine, he checks email, manages documents, browses the
6 web, and manages a database of people, with Palm desktop. Since these tasks
7 are fairly easy to be done on Linux, this will be his first machine.
8 Unfortunately, his Palm Desktop database is so huge, it would take days to
9 enter the database by hand into Kontact, or another program that does the
10 same thing.
11
12 So, is there a way to get the information from Palm Desktop into Kontact, in
13 a relatively easy manner? I don't mind doing some work and jumping though
14 some hoops to get it done, but we definately want to avoid entering
15 everything by hand.
16
17 Thanks,
18 --
19 Samuel (shardz)
20
21 Noha+Shardz Productions: nsproductions.co.nr
22
23 Registered Linux User #410639
24
25 amarok.kde.org