From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Net work cards
Date: Mon, 03 Feb 2014 13:00:36
1 On 03/02/2014 14:36, Stephen Reynolds wrote:
2 > Hi all
6 > I am doing a new Gentoo installation and I cannot get my network cards
7 > to work. I have two cards
11 > 1) eth0 = Realtek RLTl8111e
12 >
13 > 2) wlan0 = RaLink RT2561/RT61
17 > Gen Kernel hassupport for both.
21 > Please advise me as to what steps I can take to fix this?
24 If you are doing an install, you are probably following the handbook.
25 The relevant chapter is:
26
27 http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/handbook/handbook-amd64.xml?part=1&chap=7
28
29 For the folks here to be of much use to you, you'll have to describe
30 what parts of this process work, what doesn't, and what parts you are
31 stuck on.
32
33 As worded, your question is too vague to answer properly, you haven't
34 given enough information.
35
36 A good start would be the output of lspci, plus a list of which drivers
37 you enabled in the kernel.
41 Alan McKinnon
42 alan.mckinnon@×××××.com