From: "Canek Peláez Valdés" <caneko@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] gentoo-systemd-only deprecation
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2013 16:16:30
1 On Tue, Jul 30, 2013 at 2:09 AM, Pavel Volkov <negaipub@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > On Sunday 28 July 2013 03:22:02 Canek Peláez Valdés wrote:
3 >> William Hubbs closed bug #409385[1] as fixed, introducing
4 >> virtual/service-manager and adding it to the @system set, and dropping
5 >> OpenRC from baselayout's post dependencies.
6 >>
7 >> Therefore, as of today, anyone can have a Gentoo machine with only
8 >> systemd, with no OpenRC installed.
9 >
10 > Really? Bug 373219 is still open.
11
12 Yeah, and as I said in my original mail
13
14 "Also, without OpenRC we don't have /etc/init.d/functions.sh , but you
15 can use the alternatives provided in my overlay or in bug #373219[3].
16 I'm pretty sure someone will close that bug pretty soon."
17
18 Basically, download elog-functions.sh (or any other alternative
19 provided in the bug, there are several), and put it in
20 /etc/init.d/functions.sh.
21
22 Problem solved, or at least until someone closes 373219.
23
24 Besides, /etc/init.d/functions.sh only really affects you when using
25 python-updater, gcc-config, or similar tools.
26
27 Regards.
28 --
29 Canek Peláez Valdés