From: Michael Orlitzky <mjo@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Converting to Hardened/Selinux
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2014 21:39:37
1 On 01/16/2014 06:43 PM, James wrote:
2 > Ok, so I have a fresh install on a stable AMD system.
3 > I have decided to go the full hardened/selinux route.
4 > I found this guide to convert this newly installed system:
5 >
6 > http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/hardened/selinux/selinux-handbook.xml?part=2&chap=1
7 >
8 > So the current version of python selected is 3.3. This guide
9 > mandates Python 2.7. However after do this there is no
10 > requirement to run 'python-updater' ? Should I recompile
11 > everything after this step, before completing the rest of the
12 > guide's steps.
13
14 It should be fine -- the system came with both versions so all of the
15 software should be built for both already.
18 > After the guides steps are completed, should I run a
19 > emerge --update --newuse --deep @system @world
20
21 You will want the PaX markings, so yes. To save yourself some future
22 pain I would start out with the xattr-based markings:
23
24 https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Hardened/PaX_flag_migration_from_PT_PAX_to_XATTR_PAX
25
26 I think all you need to do for a fresh install is set the correct kernel
27 options and USE flags, then set PAX_MARKINGS="XT" in make.conf. After an
28 `emerge -e world` you should get all of the markings.