From: Daniel da Veiga <danieldaveiga@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Server installation
Date: Wed, 01 Nov 2006 17:27:19
1 On 11/1/06, Bo Ørsted Andresen <bo.andresen@××××.dk> wrote:
2 > On Wednesday 01 November 2006 17:36, meewi wrote:
3 > > I would like install Gentoo on my hosting-server. I have full root
4 > > access and running Gentoo on my desktop for more then a year now.
5 > >
6 > > But what or where do we find a good guide/doc for installing Gentoo
7 > > from a distance when using an ssh connection.
8 >
9 > If I recall correctly using the ordinary handbook [1] isn't really a problem.
10 > You may want to have a look at [2] also.
11 >
12 > [1] http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/handbook/index.xml
13 > [2] http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/gentoo-x86-tipsntricks.xml#doc_chap3
16 All you need is someone to put the CD into the drive and boot it,
17 after that, you'll need this person to take the CD out after you are
18 ready to reboot for the first time. That is all the physical access
19 you need to the machine, the rest can be done over the network, and I
20 must say its even easier to follow the handbook and sshing into the
21 machine than using console (you can copy/paste the commands :).
24 Daniel da Veiga
25 Computer Operator - RS - Brazil
33 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list