From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] stage3/handbook mismatch
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2012 22:15:13
1 On Mon, Sep 10, 2012 at 11:13 AM, Chris Stankevitz
2 <chrisstankevitz@×××××.com> wrote:
3 > On Sun, Sep 9, 2012 at 6:41 PM, Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com> wrote:
4 >> That's a very new change just announced globally today and only for
5 >> new installs. Take a look at eselect news for more info.
6 >
7 > What a coincidence! I went with the older stage3 approach.
8 >
9 > Thank you,
10 >
11 > Chris
14 I just switched 3 machines over to the new way. It works fine. eselect
15 profile set will create the new link in /etc/portage. I figure the
16 biggest issue for me is that I won't be able to mindlessly type vi
17 /etc/make.conf anymore. ;-)
18
19 Cheers,
20 Mark