From: burlingk@×××××××××.mil
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-user] 2 to 3??
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 03:23:13
1 > -----Original Message-----
2 > From: Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. [mailto:bss03@××××××××××.net]
3 > Sent: Wednesday, July 18, 2007 2:27 AM
4 > To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
5 > Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] 2 to 3??
8 > More than that -- they don't allow the "compromised" devices
9 > to boot. Of course, that's *required* to lay down the
10 > restrictions they want, since one the device is booted from
11 > freely modified code, there's no method of remote attestation
12 > to guarantee your aren't just pretending to be a "genuine" device.
15 I may need to read more. Not allowing it to boot is a bit
16 extreme. I will read more on the subject before I say
17 anything else about the TiVo guys. ^^;;
23 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list