From: "Steve [Gentoo]" <gentoo_steve@×××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Daily dumb question... chron.
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2005 10:41:09
1 Bob Sanders wrote:
2
3 >>Are thse system tasks supposed to be fired automatically by fcron?
6 >Yes. In the ebuild it says -
7 > einfo "To activate /etc/cron.{hourly|daily|weekly|montly} please run: "
8 > einfo "crontab /etc/crontab"
11 I hadn't seen that message - but then again, when I installed fcron the
12 /etc/cron.* stuff wasn't especially important to me... so I might easily
13 have ignored it at the time. It's a pity this sort of "essential"
14 warning isn't available for all packages as some kind of Gentoo
15 knowledge base - I guess I could read the ebuild files - but it would be
16 far more convenient to have tips/tricks/gotchas available annotated with
17 each package - say on http://packages.gentoo.org/... Hmmm.
18
19 In any case, thanks - "crontab /etc/crontab" seems the perfect resolution.
20
21 Steve
24 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list