From: sean <tech.junk@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] tftp config problem (ltsp)
Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2007 15:13:53
1 Roger Mason wrote:
2 > I set up diskless booting recently but I'm by no means an expert, so
3 > take my comments with plenty of salt.
4
5 Sounds like you have had better success than me.
8 >> INTFTPD_PATH="/tftpboot/"
9 > What happens with INTFTPD_PATH="/tftpboot"? (remove trailing / )
10
11 Since removed. Made no difference.
12
13 > Are you using syslinux? I'm not sure but shouldn't there be a
14 > pxelinux.0 file in /tftpboot?
17 I am using what ever was emerged using Gentoo's instructions.
18 I have had a bit more success since last posting, but not full success.
19 Depends on what I put in the dhcpd.conf file for the filename entry.
20
21 If it specifies
22 filename "/pxe/pxelinux.0"; it will start the boot but finally halts
23 stating cannot find kernel image: linux.
24
25 If it specifies
26 filename "/lts/vmlinuz-2.6.17.8-ltsp-1"; then I get the NBP is to large
27 for memory error.
30 So far no luck getting past either point.
31
32 Thanks
33 Sean
34 --