From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Best way to improve interactivity with heavy disk activity?
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2010 23:58:39
1 On 28/11/2010, at 7:18pm, Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
2 > On 11/28/2010 07:39 PM, walt wrote:
5 >> I'm confused about which of all these various mechanisms apply to
6 >> single-cpu
7 >> machines. AFAICT Con's BFS (e.g.) is really a CPU scheduler and doesn't
8 >> affect
9 >> single-cpu machines very much.
10 >
11 > The scheduler affects every system. Single-CPU systems also need to schedule processes.
12 >
13 > Anyway, did the ck kernel help in some way with your problem?
14
15 I was the OP, not walt.
16
17 I will give this my full attention tomorrow, taking time to re-read all posts and google. It might be a couple of days before I try CK's sources, to be honest. Compilation takes a couple of hours on this system, and I just know that I'm going to have to give it a little attention.
18
19 Stroller.