From: "John J. Foster" <Gentoo-User@××××××××××××.com>
To: Gentoo User <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] [OT] mrtg and mrtg_total.pl
Date: Sun, 01 Jan 2006 01:27:31
1 Good evening all,
2
3 I've been running mrtg for the last few months or so collecting data on
4 different network ports around the house. I also use Wildblue satellite
5 service as my ISP (out in the boonies, but works pretty darn well). They
6 just changed their FAP to a rolling 30 days, and I started looking at
7 how to be able to display my routers WAN port via mrtg. I ran across a
8 perl script called mrtg_total.pl
9 http://www.geocities.com/josef_wendel/mrtg_total.html
10 that runs in conjunction with mrtg, and
11 presents a pretty nice graph. But it's only monthly and yearly totals,
12 based on the calendar. What I'm looking for is to be able to display a
13 running 30 day total usage. A google search brings nothing helpful, and
14 I'm not fluent in perl to be able to modify the mrtg_total script.
15
16 Thanks,
17 festus
18 --
19 I contend we are both atheists, I just believe in one fewer gods than
20 you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods,
21 you will understand why I dismiss yours.
22 ...Stephen F Roberts