From: Joseph <syscon780@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Networking
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2012 03:04:32
1 On 10/25/12 22:27, Silvio Siefke wrote:
2 >Hello,
3 >
4 >On Thu, 25 Oct 2012 14:17:00 -0600
5 >Joseph <syscon780@×××××.com> wrote:
6 >
7 >> Why don't you want to install VirtualBox from portage.
8 >
9 >Has not internet, only mobile conection and so i have downloaded
10 >by my dad direct from the website.
11 >
12 >> I run VirtualBox on one of those tiny boxes with 1Mb or RAM and box takes only 18W of power.
13 >> Yes, it is slow but runs OK.
14 >
15 >I want take a look at Android X86, but i think my kernel was not correct.
16 >Ok i have read today the Tutorial for Gentoo and Virtualbox. But when i
17 >have so trouble with the network, then is not so funny. The static ip
18 >is not for fun in config. I must see, maybe i try again, and then from
19 >portage.
20 >
21 >Now all is running, hope. But after delete the kernel, all config and udev
22 >rules from Virtualbox and restart go all again.
23 >
24 >Thank u and Regards
25 >Silvio
26
27 You going too fast and in the wrong places :-)
28 First you unmerge dhcp
29 now, you are delete the kernel! With this paste you will be re-installing Gentoo in no time :-/
30
31 Rule #1 If It Aint Broken Don't Fix It.
32 Just follow the instruction from:
33 http://en.gentoo-wiki.com/wiki/VirtualBox
34 and everything will be working just fine. If you upgrade the kernel yes, you need to recompile Virtual box modules.
37 Joseph