From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Typewriter sound
Date: Thu, 01 Sep 2011 19:00:33
1 On Thursday 01 Sep 2011 15:22:29 Frank Steinmetzger wrote:
2 > Am Donnerstag, 1. September 2011, 00:57:37 schrieb Grant Edwards:
3 > > > I didn't reply to the OP. I only replied about xset
4 > > > (non-)functionality, where it sounds like we're in agreement that it
5 > > > just sounds the system bell (or whatever you call it).
6 > >
7 > > No, it doesn't do that for me, and I don't ever remember being able to
8 > > get it to do so. I just tried on a couple different systems (all of
9 > > which have a "pc speaker", and 'xset c' doesn't do anying.
10 > >
11 > > Does 'xset c' work for you?
12 >
13 > I haven't tested it here, but do you have the speaker enabled in the
14 > kernel? (CONFIG_INPUT_PCSPKR)
15
16 I have set:
17
18 $ cat /usr/src/linux/.config | grep PCSPKR
19 CONFIG_PCSPKR_PLATFORM=y
20 CONFIG_INPUT_PCSPKR=y
21
22 and can confirm that it doesn't click of beep, despite me setting it to do so:
23
24 $ xset -q | grep key
25 auto repeat: on key click percent: 80 LED mask: 00000000
26 auto repeating keys: 00ffffffdffffbbf
27
28 $ xset -q | grep bell
29 bell percent: 50 bell pitch: 400 bell duration: 100
32 Another box of mine used to beep (I like having the bell turned on to remind
33 me that I am typing rubbish ;) but some months ago it stopped doing so. I
34 never bothered looking into it and assumed that some change in Xorg caused
35 this.
36 --
37 Regards,
38 Mick