From: Ian Zimmerman <itz@××××××××××××.org>
Subject: [gentoo-user] libffi-3.3.0-rc0
Date: Sat, 28 Sep 2019 16:54:10
1 After my weekly webrsync this morning, emerge -p showed me a whale of an
2 upgrade, including rebuilding both pythons, llvm and firefox, on top of
3 the legitimate and long overdue texlive update. It would have taken
4 half a day even on a reasonably capable desktop.
5
6 Inspecting the -p output I blame libffi, and indeed using the
7 package.mask file to block its new version I got a more manageable
8 upgrade. My question is, how come a -rc0 version got unkeyworded? Does
9 this normally happen or was it a mistake?
12 Please don't Cc: me privately on mailing lists and Usenet,
13 if you also post the followup to the list or newsgroup.
14 To reply privately _only_ on Usenet and on broken lists
15 which rewrite From, fetch the TXT record for no-use.mooo.com.