From: "Canek Peláez Valdés" <caneko@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] NetworkManager problem after migrating to systemd
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2012 22:38:22
1 On Tue, Oct 30, 2012 at 3:45 PM, João Matos <jaoneto@×××××.com> wrote:
4 > 2012/10/29 Canek Peláez Valdés <caneko@×××××.com>
5 >>
6 >> On Mon, Oct 29, 2012 at 4:42 PM, João Matos <jaoneto@×××××.com> wrote:
7 >> > I found the solution a few hours ago here
8 >> >
9 >> > http://en.gentoo-wiki.com/wiki/Systemd#PAM_support:_su.2C_sudo.2C_screen...
10 >> > . Now everything is fine :)
11 >> >
12 >> > About the packages you mentioned, you've ran 'equery uses pambase polkit
13 >> > udisks upower', and none of them has the userflag systemd.
14 >>
15 >> # equery uses pambase polkit udisks upower
16 >> [ : I - package is installed with flag ]
17 >> * Found these USE flags for sys-auth/pambase-20120417-r1:
18 >> [snip]
19 >> + + systemd : Use pam_systemd module to register user sessions
20 >> in the systemd control group hierarchy.
21 >>
22 >> * Found these USE flags for sys-auth/polkit-0.107-r1:
23 >> [snip]
24 >> + + systemd : Use sys-apps/systemd instead of
25 >> sys-auth/consolekit for session tracking
26 >>
27 >> * Found these USE flags for sys-fs/udisks-2.0.0:
28 >> [snip]
29 >> + + systemd : Support sys-apps/systemd's logind
30 >>
31 >> * Found these USE flags for sys-power/upower-0.9.18:
32 >> [snip]
33 >> + + systemd : Use sys-apps/systemd for hibernate and suspend
34 >>
35 >> Depends on the versions ;)
38 > yep. I've used ~amd64 for about 5 years, but last year I decided to use
39 > amd64. Maybe systemd suport is better in more recent packages.
40
41 Indeed it is. I don't run ~amd64, BTW; I just keyword some things (the
42 kernel, systemd+udev, and GNOME, basically).
43
44 > Well, I've just find out a new little problem: PulseAudio. I've found
45 > nothing about systemd+pulseaudio on google, what means that it is too easy
46 > to some one carry about writing about it, or nobody tried it yet. Does
47 > anyone knows how to start it? Maybe writing a pulseaudio.service or
48 > something like that.
49
50 Both projects have the same author: Lennart Poettering. There is
51 usually nothing to be done so they work together; in GNOME, PulseAudio
52 is started automatically by the session manager, I suppose it should
53 be something similar in KDE-land. Actually, since PA is a user (not a
54 system) service, the init system you use doesn't matter.
55
56 Regards.
57 --
58 Canek Peláez Valdés