From: "Jürgen Pierau" <gentoo-user@××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Portage weirdness...
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2006 21:06:35
1 Yann Garnier wrote:
2
3 > The second issue I experience is that I cannot update my system
4 > because I have 2 ebuilds that block the entire update.
5 > I've already seen this issue once and I found a solution by masking
6 > one of the blocking ebuild so I tried this time but the update cannot
7 > be done anyway.
8 > This problem is much more critical for me since I can't update my
9 > system anymore !
10 > Here is the output of an " emerge -pvuDt world"
11 >
12 > These are the packages that would be merged, in reverse order:
13 >
14 > Calculating world dependencies ...... done!
15 > [blocks B ] sys-apps/pam-login (is blocking
16 > sys-apps/shadow-4.0.15-r2)
17 > [blocks B ] sys-apps/utempter (is blocking
18 > sys-libs/libutempter-1.1.2.1)
19
20 Hello Yann,
21
22 you should:
23
24 1. unmask the packages you masked
25 2. emerge --unmerge pam-login
26 3. emerge --oneshot shadow
27 4. emerge --unmerge utempter
28 5. emerge -avDu world
29
30 IMPORTANT: Do NOT log out before step 3. If you logout after unmerging
31 pam-login you will NOT be able to login again until you emerge shadow.
32
33 That should fix the blocking problem. pam-login has now been merged into
34 shadow, so it is no longer needed. utempter..no idea what happened but
35 it seems to have changed it's name.
36
37 As for the rsync issue: Have you tried using a different rsync server?
38 Maybe you should use one of the generic ones like
39
40 SYNC="rsync://rsync.de.gentoo.org/gentoo-portage"
43 Hope this helps,
44 JP
45 --
46 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list